Ash Gentle's Banana Bread
- 2 cups of Spelt flour
- Pinch of baking powder and bi carb soda
- 1 tablespoon of cinnamon
- ½ a cup or a little more of homemade applesauce
- 3 overly ripe mashed bananas
- Handful of chopped, pitted dates
- Handful of chopped walnuts
- 2 eggs, whisked together
- ½ cup of milk (approximately)
- Pre heat the oven to 180°C.
- Sift the flour with the baking powder and cinnamon in a bowl. In a smaller separate bowl, gently mix the mashed banana, eggs, milk, and applesauce.
- Add the wet ingredients with the dry and add the walnuts and dates. Make sure you don’t over mix the batter.
- Pour the batter into a loaf pan, and place in the oven for about an hour; rotate the Banana Bread when it has been cooking for 30 minutes. Bake until golden brown on top.
Always read the label and follow the directions for use.