Felicity Abram's Paella for 2
- 1 ½ tablespoon olive oil
- 1 200g chicken breast fillet, trimmed and chopped
- 200g green (raw) prawns (shrimp), tails intact
- 1 small brown onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- ½ teaspoon chilli flakes
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ¾ cup (150g) medium-grain rice
- 1 400g can diced tomatoes
- ¼ cup (310ml) chicken stock
- flat-leaf parsley leaves and lemon wedges, to serve
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a medium non-stick frying pan over high heat.
- Add the chicken and prawns and cook for 4–5 minutes or until golden and cooked through. Set aside and keep warm.
- Add the remaining oil to the pan with the onion, garlic, chilli and paprika and cook for 2 minutes or until softened. Add the rice, tomato and stock, reduce heat to low and cover with a tight-fitting lid. Cook for 20–25 minutes or until the rice is cooked.
- Stir through the chicken and prawns and cook for a further 1 minute. Top with parsley and serve with lemon wedges.