Terms and conditions
Name of Promotion
Endura IRONMAN and IRONMAN 70.3 Facebook Competition
This is a game of skill. No permits required.
Health World Limited (ACN 010 636 165) of 741 Nudgee Road, Northgate QLD 4013
Entrants (and their nominated companion/s) must be 18 years of age or over.
Health World Limited employees are ineligible to enter.
Entrants must be able to take the prize on the nominated dates as specified by the Promoter.
The competition periods is two weeks from the open date designated on the Facebook Contest page, closing midnight on the Sunday of that period.
Entrants fill out the applicable competition fields on the Facebook Contest page.
Maximum Number of Entries
Entrants can enter once per event.
All of the draw and redraw (if applicable) dates will be conducted at Health World Limited, 741 Nudgee Road, Northgate QLD 4013. Prizes will be drawn on the Wednesday following the close of the "competition period" as defined on the Facebook Contest page.
1. 1 x single entry into an Ironman or Ironman 70.3 event (prize is reflective of the specific competition at the time).
Terms and Conditions of Travel:
a) No portion of the prize is redeemable for cash. The prize is not refundable or transferable.
b) The winner is responsible for any fees issued by suppliers for any amendments made by the winner to any part of the booking once the booking is confirmed.
c) Additional spending money, meals and any other ancillary costs, including but not limited to insurance and any applicable insurance excesses, not listed in the Prize Details above are the responsibility of the winner and his/her nominated companion as incurred.
d) It is the winner's responsibility to organise transport.
e) The Promoter takes no responsibility for loss or injury suffered by a winner as a result of taking the Prize. The Promoter recommends the winner and their nominated travel companion have valid travel insurance for their period of travel.
Total Prize Pool
$10, 335 (inc GST)
Notification of Winners
Winners’ will be announced via social media and contact details will be passed on to Ironman who will contact the winners via email.
Prize Claim Date and Time
The prize claim and redraw prize (if applicable) claim dates are as follows - prize must be claimed within 2 weeks of the prize announcement. If prize is unclaimed, a redraw will occur.
Terms of Entry
- 1. Entry to this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Conditions of Entry by each entrant.
- 2. Entrants must be aged 18 years. Proof of age may be required.
- 3. To enter the competition, entrants must fill out the applicable competition fields on the Facebook Contest page.
- 4. Entry is open only to residents of the Relevant State/s who comply with the Entry Restrictions (if any). Directors, officers, management, employees and other staff (and the immediate families of directors, officers, management, employees and other staff) of the Promoter or of its related bodies corporate, or of the agencies or companies associated with this competition are ineligible to enter.
- 5. The Promotional Period commences as per the Schedule to Terms of Entry.
- 6. Entries will be deemed to be accepted at the time of receipt and not at the time of transmission of their entry or entries.
- 7. Entries must be received during the Promotional Period. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for late or incorrect entries.
- 8. Entries received will be considered final. Incomplete, inaccurate, erroneous, or entries other than in accordance with the Competition terms and conditions will be deemed invalid.
- Personal information
- 9. By entering the competition, you give The Promoter permission to contact you via email, Instagram, Facebook or Twitter if you are a winner of the competition.
- 10. If entrants do not wish to be bound by the Competition terms and conditions or participate in the Competition they must email [email protected] and advise that they do not wish to participate. Failure to notify The Promoter by email will be deemed acceptance of the terms and conditions.
- Prize Pack
- 11. Flights do not constitute any part of this prize. If the winner does not live near the location of the event, it is up to the winner to arrange a means of transport (flights etc).
- 12. If the prize is event based, travel must be taken to coincide with the relevant event on the dates specified by the Promoter. Any accommodation constituting part of a prize is subject to booking and availability. All costs associated with a travel prize which are not specified to be included in the prize, including but not limited to any transfer costs, meals, taxes, insurance and other ancillary costs, are the responsibility of the winner and their companion/s. The winner and any travelling companion/s are responsible for ensuring that they have all necessary travel insurance and documents to travel to the relevant place (including a current passport and visas, if required). The Promoter is not responsible for any cancellation, delay or rescheduling of flights and any costs incurred as a result (including, without limitation, accommodation costs) will be the sole responsibility of the winner.
- 13. If the prize includes tickets, all tickets are valid for the date or period as indicated on the tickets. Tickets are subject to the conditions stipulated by the provider of the tickets.
- 14. If a winner of a prize is under the age of 18 years (where entry by persons under 18 is permitted), the Promoter may, at its discretion, award the prize to the winners parent or guardian.
- 15. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- 16. The winners will firstly be notified by email from a representative of Health World Limited, and then Ironman.
- 17. The winner must make contact with The Promoter via email at [email protected] to claim their prize. Winners must provide their full name, postal address or their current mobile telephone number and email address.
- 18. The competition is a game of skill and chance plays no part in the selection of the winner.
- 19. The winner/s will be notified as stated in the Notification of Winners section of the Schedule and their name and state of residence will be published in accordance with the Publication Details. By entering this competition, each entrant requests that his or her full address not be published.
- 20. If any prize is not claimed by the Prize Claim Date and Time, the relevant winner’s entry will be deemed invalid and the Promoter reserves the right to conduct such further draws on the Unclaimed Prize Draw Date as are necessary to distribute the prize/s, subject to any directions given by any relevant authority. If required by law or any relevant authority, the winner/s will have their name and state of residence published in accordance with the Unclaimed Prize Draw Publication Details. If a prize is no longer capable of being redeemed, the new winner/s will receive a prize, as determined by the Promoter, of equivalent value (as if the original prize had been awarded to that person, less any administrative expenses incurred by the Promoter), subject to the approval of the relevant authorities in the Relevant State/s, if required. If no Unclaimed Prize Draw Date is specified, any unclaimed prize/s will be distributed at the Promoters discretion.
- 21. Entrants acknowledge that there may be inherent risks in some aspects of the competition, including without limitation any Challenge involved in this competition, or the prize and that participation in the competition and/or using the prize may involve participating in dangerous activities. By entering this competition and/or accepting the prize, entrants accept that risk.
- 22. In order to participate in this competition and/or the activities which may be awarded as part of the prize, the winner (and their companion/s, as applicable) must comply with applicable height, weight, health, fitness, skill, balance, dexterity and any other requirements normally associated with the particular activity. It is the entrants’ responsibility to ensure that they (and their companion/s, as applicable) are sufficiently healthy and fit so as to safely participate in this competition and/or undertake the activities awarded as part of the prize. The entrant/winner must comply with all requirements and directions of the people responsible for the conduct of the relevant activity and must ensure that their companion/s also comply, if applicable.
- 23. If requested by the Promoter, any entrant or winner (and their companion/s, if applicable) (or if an entrant, winner or companion is not an adult, their parent or guardian) must sign an indemnity and exclusion of liability form (provided by the Promoter) in favour of all parties involved in this competition and/or providing the prize (including but not limited to the Promoter) prior to undertaking any specified activities forming part of the competition or prize. If any entrant, winner, nominated companion or parent/guardian (if applicable) do not sign the indemnity form provided by the Promoter within the time requested by the Promoter, the relevant entrants or winners entry or claim will be deemed invalid. Where a winner’s entry or claim is deemed invalid, the Promoter reserves the right to determine a new winner in accordance with paragraph 8 or 9 (as applicable).
- 24. Prizes and participation in this competition are subject to any conditions imposed by the supplier or organiser of the prize, as applicable.
- 25. The Promoter and their associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense, damage, personal injury or death which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any persons negligence) in connection with this competition or accepting or using any prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law).
- 26. Without limiting the previous paragraph, the Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any damage to or delay in transit of prizes. Prizes will be provided by the Promoter to the winner/s as stated in the Prize Delivery section of the Schedule.
- 27. The Promoter may require the winner/s to provide identification as requested by the Promoter including (without limitation) proof of identity, proof of age and proof of residency. Identification considered suitable for verification is at the Promoters discretion.
- 28. If due to any reason whatsoever the Promoter becomes aware after an entrant has won a prize that the entrant has not complied with these terms, that entrant will have no entitlement to the prize, even if the Promoter has announced them as a winner and that entrant will be required, at the direction of the Promoter, to return, refund or otherwise make restitution of the prize.
- 29. The Promoter may, in its sole discretion, disqualify any or all entries from, and prohibit further participation in this competition by, any person who tampers with or benefits from any tampering with the entry process or with the operation of the competition or acts in violation of these terms, acts in a disruptive manner or acts with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person.
- 30. No prize is transferable or exchangeable, nor can it be redeemed for cash. In the event for any reason a winner does not take an element of any prize at the time stipulated by the Promoter then that element of the prize will be forfeited by the winner and cash will not be supplied in lieu of that element of the prize. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in prize value. Where a prize is unavailable for any reason, the Promoter may substitute for that prize another item of equal or higher value as determined by the Promoter, subject to the approval of the relevant authorities in the Relevant State/s, if required. Without limiting the foregoing, the Promoter may, at its absolute discretion, substitute cash for any prize (the amount of cash being equal to the prize value specified in the Prize Details).
- 31. Without limiting paragraph 27, the Promoter, the Promotion Sponsor and their associated agencies and companies make no warranties or representations about the fitness for purpose or suitability of any prize and will not accept responsibility for the quality or fitness for any purpose of any prize, or the failure of any prize to be of merchantable quality. If liability under terms implied by legislation cannot be excluded, the liability of the Promoter and its associated agencies and companies is limited to re-supplying the relevant goods or services or paying the cost of replacing them..
- 32. If for any reason any aspect of this competition is not capable of running as planned, including by reason of infection by computer virus, telephone network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any cause beyond the control of the Promoter, the Promoter may in its sole discretion cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition, or invalidate any affected entries, subject to the approval of the relevant authorities in each Relevant State, if required.
- 33. Without limiting any other paragraph, the Promoter may at its discretion amend any aspect of this competition or of these terms, subject to applicable laws and subject to the approval of the relevant authorities in each Relevant State, if required.
- 34. The Promoter and the Promotion Sponsor accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from the prize winnings. Independent financial advice should be sought. Where the operation of this competition results in, for GST purposes, supplies being made for non-monetary consideration, entrants agree to follow the Australian Taxation Offices stated view that where the parties are at arm’s length, goods and services exchanged are of equal GST inclusive market values.
- 35. Each entrant must ensure that any other person whose details have been provided by the entrant to the Promoter for the purposes of the entrants participation in this competition has given their implied or express consent for their details to be provided to the Promoter and any of its related bodies corporate and to be contacted by the Promoter or any of its related bodies corporate in relation to this competition..
- 37. Unless the contrary intention appears, a reference in these terms, the Schedule or in any advertisement relating to this Competition, to Australian dollars, dollars, AUD$ or $ is a reference to the lawful currency of Australia.
- 38. As the competition is administered on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter, entrants and participants in the competition acknowledge that the competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by or associated with Instagram, Facebook or Twitter and entrants and participants in the competition release Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and its associated companies from all liability arising from the competition.
- 39. Endura is a registered trademark of Metagenics Inc and trademarks are used with the authorisation of Health World Limited.