When to use a Low Carb Fuel
Carbohydrates are usually a key ingredient in a rehydration formula, however, there are a number of occasions when you may want beneficial electrolytes without the carbs. For example, you don’t need or want carbs with your electrolytes when you...
- Are training for less than an hour at a low to moderate intensity, e.g. walking, jogging, or doing yoga, tai chi or Pilates; or
- Have a health condition or fitness goal (e.g. weight management) for which you need to control your carb intake; or
- Prefer to use a separate source of carbs for energy, e.g. you may prefer to source carbs from energy gels or food.
Endura Rehydration Low Carb Fuel provides the key hydrating electrolytes you lose through sweat, with less than 1.3 g of carbohydrates per dose, therefore offering a good rehydration option when you want to avoid additional carbohydrates during exercise.
How to use Low Carb Fuel
Endura Rehydration Low Carb Fuel is the rehydration formula for the carb conscious athlete. It comes in four delicious flavours (coconut, lemon lime, grapeberry and tropical punch) to keep it interesting so you can avoid flavour fatigue. For best results mix 1 level scoop with 350 mL of water and consume before, during and/or after exercise.
Low Carb Fuelled Performance
Endura Rehydration Low Carb Fuel assists with improving exercise performance in several ways, including:
- Efficient energy production and transportation – Endura Rehydration Low Carb Fuel provides a highly bioavailable form of magnesium known as Meta Mag® magnesium diglycinate. Magnesium plays a critical role in the cellular energy production pathway as it is needed to transport cellular energy molecules around your muscle cells, therefore powering your muscles up to meet your athletic goals;
- Providing defence against dehydration – mild dehydration increases physiological strain on the body and increases the effort required to exercise and perform at your peak.1 Endura Rehydration Low Carb Fuel tops up and replaces the electrolytes you lose through sweat (i.e. sodium, potassium, magnesium, calcium), keeping you hydrated and able to perform at optimal level; and
- To prevent muscular cramps and spasms and relieve aches and pains.2 Endura Rehydration Low Carb Fuel aids in the prevention and relief of muscle cramps during exercise, to allow you to focus on achieving your personal best.
Although carbs commonly play a role in supporting a healthy training program, when your goals include controlling your carb intake, Endura Rehydration Low Carb Fuel is a good option as a rehydrating, ergogenic aid. For improved stamina and performance with low carbs, try Endura Rehydration Low Carb Fuel next time you exercise.
Weight Management and Low-Carb Rehydration
If your fitness goals involve weight management you should be limiting carbohydrates by following a balanced diet, and training like a Trojan. Following an adequate protein, low carb diet while exercising has been found to be an effective way to manage your weight.1 In addition, shorter, more intense forms of exercise, such as high intensity interval training (HIIT), is an increasingly popular strategy being adopted by those whose goal is a healthy body composition. However, short and intense activity can also result in significant losses of electrolytes through sweat, which can hamper your recovery times and may impact exercise performance.2 To help you stay hydrated during exercise and to facilitate rapid recovery with a low amount of carbs, look no further than Endura Rehydration Low Carb Fuel to provide all the key electrolytes to maintain hydration and support muscle function.
Great Low-Carb Snack Options
Whether you are carving the winter kilo’s to improve your performance, or aiming to get back into your beach body for summer (or a bit of both!) your key strategy is to follow a controlled carb plan. But what do you do when you need a low-carb snack that tastes great and keeps the hunger pangs at bay? For a low-carb snack that won’t break the carb bank, choose from the following options:
- Endura Pro Body Bar – high in protein, low in impact carbs, delicious and convenient; the perfect low carb snack for when you’re on the go;
- Whey protein shake – a protein shake is a great low-carb snack to curb those hunger pangs. To vary the taste and add an antioxidant boost, try adding a handful of berries and blend to make a protein-based smoothie;
- Nuts and seeds - get your hunter-gatherer groove on and snack on nuts and seeds to provide a great source of protein, some fibre, and a balanced amount of carbohydrates;
- Hard boiled eggs – once hard-boiled, the humble egg is a handy mouthful or two of protein with minimal amounts of carbs. Seasoning with a pinch of sumac, sweet paprika or chilli powder can add an extra savoury taste kick; or
- Mozzarella cheese cubes – mozzarella cheese provides the best ratio of protein to carbs from the cheese family. Add a couple of slices of tomato or a few olives for some variety.
If weight management is your aim, and you’ve been finding it tough to find a quick, delicious low-carb rehydration formula and snack when on the go; try one of the snack options above in conjunction with Endura Rehydration Low Carb Fuel, for a deliciously refreshing, low-carb rehydration formula!
References available on request