The Endura Paleo-Performance Eating Plan is a diet designed for athletes to maximise performance, lessen muscular pain and to improve recovery after exercising.
It is based on a stone-age diet where man was an athlete with high physical demands and needed to recover fast.
Man evolved over a two million year period with a diet composed of natural, nutrient dense foods; fruits, vegetables, lean meat and healthy oils from nuts and seeds. It is only in the last 10,000 years (1% of our genetic evolution) that man has introduced foods refined by agricultural process.
The diet of our active, strong cave man ancestors is ideal for athletes looking to maximise their performance.
Key health features of The Endura Paleo-Performance Eating Plan are:
- High Nutrient Density Foods – for maximum energy.
- Alkalising, not acidic foods – to support recovery.
- Low Glycaemic Load – for lean body composition.
- Anti-inflammatory Oils – for pain and injury.
There is a substantial body of evidence illustrating the benefits of an alkalising diet for athletes including;
- Improved endurance and anaerobic performance.10
- Reduced muscle breakdown and preservation of lean muscle mass.11
*References available on request